Why Young Men Stopped Reading Fiction (and Publishing Is to Blame) | Alison Talks Books

https://youtu.be/Vsk2ezktN2M?si=UMGeSPUVPMkIC4o9

And My Comment:

I completely agree, Ĥowever the problem isn't new. They might not have had today's analitics tools, but publishers, especially the big ones, have always preferred to play it as safe as can be, and major bookstores (especially chain ones) have been doing just the same.

Being a... well, 50-year-old... young-feeling (is this term pathetic?) guy, Romantasy just happens to be my number one most favourite genre, alongside SciFi&Fantasy, Erotic, Historical Novel, Romance, and non-fiction: Ancient History, Linguistics, Philosophy, Geography, and Astronomy/Cosmology. I have always enjoyed reading, as I have always been a Romantic Nerd (Nerds RULE 😍😎). However, I admit the World I had grew up in was different: while there was TV, we didn't have a youtube, and the Internet, as a whole, came into public knowledge when I was 21 - and I really got into it when I was 24, so...

But, the point is: both as a Writer (Young Adult mostly) and a reader, I find the current situation, with both publishers and Bookshops, to be very bad, and extremely frustrating, however it is merely a slight worsening of a known, and old problem, of rotten institutional mainstream thinking mentality among both. Already back on the early Nineties, the situation was only slightly better - but not by much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Citrian

It Is Time to Say It Clearly (and I Do Apologise for Hurting Those of My Friends Who Do That)

Is There Such a Thing as "100% Vegan"? Should We Strive to Reach It, At All?