An Excellent Vid by Unnatural Vegan: Can You Be Vegan & Wear Leather?
https://youtu.be/LSD7Bnkqsx0?si=fdXsDUywTPett6cL
And My Comment:
I absolutely agree with You Swayze - years ago, when I had been a fanatic 100% Vegan (well maybe not 100% fanatic - I did sometimes find myself sitting on a sofa which, Gods forbid, might have been leather, without jumping in horror, and insisting to just stand and suffer, so the actual fanatics = like the loonie that had replied to me maybe two months back...? - would probably have shunned me anyway 😄), I swore that I shall never eat egg, or dairy cheese again, LET ALONE wearing leather, and had been rather brutal to people at comments, for ever making such a compromise; I just hadn't realized how much of a geographically privileged I had been!
Being 100% Vegan in central israel is easy!! Laughably easy, even. But then, having left that racist (and, a little later: also genocidal) hell-hole, I had come to a situation in which I had no choice but to eat eggs and dairy, simply in order to survive - so, in order to maintain my sanity, I had decided that, instead of eating eggs and dairy, and then tormenting myself (as I suffer from OCD, too), I will just simply define myself as Vegetarian from now on, and that's it!!
Then two months ago, while living in montenegro, I had to buy new shoes. My older ones (an excellent pair I had bought in Belarus, which had lasted me 2¼ years - and, by the way: there is NO CORELLATION, between whether a shoe, is leather, or Vegan, and how long it shall last; it is nothing, but a myth!!), had, eventually, worn out and begun to disintegrate. That pair of Vegan shoes had served me through a lot!, but, eventually, that was it.
So, here I was, desperately trying to find a new pair of shoes, which do not contain any leather, at the town of bar, montenegro (after trying, and failing, to locate such a thing here in Ohrid, Makedonija).
There Were Absolutely None. Not here in Ohrid, nor in podgorica, nor in bar. Since, in the Western Balkan = a region with close to zero Vegan awareness - shoes = leather.
So, it has come to: either I would find myself walking with open sandals, practically bare-feet, in the street during Rain, and even Snow(!) - Or I shall buy leather...
I am sorry!! But I did buy leather...
I simply had no choice.
Comments
Post a Comment